Tuesday, November 2, 2010

cross my heart, hope to die...

...but at least there are no needles sticking in my eye, they're too busy pricking my hands, jabbing unsuspecting fingers that get too close and getting lost in the carpet!

So after some attempts at learning the basics of sewing, and much lurking around the Wardrobe Refashion site, I decided to take the pledge!

I, Jill of petitegeek, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 4 months. I pledge that i shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoted, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings! Signed, Jill.



So, on that note - I should think about making something!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've been meaning to sign up to Wardrobe Refashion for ages, but haven't got round to it. Shame on me! You have inspired me to take the plunge...watch this space! Angie x

    http://edithcherry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up even though Wardrobe Refashion is closing its virtual doors. Wish we could find someone else to host!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete