Tuesday, November 23, 2010

One month in!

So I signed up for my wardrobe refashion pledge over here around the end of October, which means for a whole month I haven't bought anything new...so I've been making some things to fill the void!

The red skirt was originally a giant shirt dress, very 90's looking -  I wish I took a before pic but I was too keen to get cutting! The idea was based on this skirt and this pattern, I just cut the length I wanted using the existing buttons down the front, took it in, added a few small pleats in both sides at the front and back and attached a waistband (just measured my waist, added an inch and hoped for the best!)

I've also learnt that I'm not good at posing for photos!


 Red skirt 1


Red skirt 2

...the second floral skirt is a gathered skirt made from a bedsheet! both the red dress and the sheet came from one of my frequently visited op shops, and the sheet had a great edging of little painted yellow flowers so I just used that as the hem! The idea for the pattern is from gertie's brilliant site...

Yellow skirt 1
Yellow skirt 2
Yellow skirt 3
Yellow skirt 4
The slightly blurry photo is from me trying to show off the 'swirl ability' of the skirt haha

No comments:

Post a Comment